Total Pageviews

Interior Paint

March 2015
Just an update to record what has been going on in the past few months....have been concentrating on getting the interior back into shape and painted. Have had the roof off, scraped all the old paint off, sanded down, hammered, filed, filled and applied 4 coats of 'Classic cream' gloss to the inside and 3 coats of primer to the outside . Also fitted a new rubber seal and bolted the whole thing back in place.
Have completed a lot of the inside painting but still have all four doors and the lower front cab area to complete. While preparing the doors for inside paint I am also repairing, preparing and priming the outside of the doors .
Went and had the old tyres taken of the steel rims and the rims powder coated black...now all I need is a new set of tyres!

Still can't yet find any metal horizontal lathes, rails, raves  to protect the side panels on the inside. May have to fit wooden ones until I can find the proper ones. Unless someone has a set they can offer me?

Here are a few pics of work done in the winter.


Roof as removed

All paint removed plus one coat of primer. (brown bits are loose leaves!)

Four coats of classic cream paint applied by brush and roller plus new rubber seal.
Outside of roof as removed. Needs repairs to dents and rough patches. Plus filling and sanding.


Roof repaired and levelled - after a lot of hours of work...spray finished with primer.


Roof re-attached , side panels and inner door panels painted. Floor and engine cover painted black.

Other side. (Inner door panels not bolted in place as yet.)


Powder coated wheel. This is the spare which still shows some evidence of underlying pitting despite being sanded down between coats.
Passenger and drivers doors finished ready for painting.
'Plastic' wheels for front doors. Marine fittings.






1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. exterior painters Toronto

    ReplyDelete