Total Pageviews

Solex Type 30 AHG -Volume Control Screw

11 October 2019

While setting up the carb I struggled to get decent access to the volume control screw. This has to be adjusted with a flat bladed screwdriver from beneath the carb. Heat shield has a hole for access but still difficult and hot!

Here is my solution...may not be the best but it works for me.

Took out the screw and  turned it into a 'wing screw' by adding a brass wing.

Actually used two pieces of .033 inch brass strip pop rivetted together and separated slightly to be a good fit in the screw slot. Then soldered them in place. You could use a single piece of metal but the brass was what I had to hand.

Makes adjustment much easier as I can now turn the screw by hand and access is easier.






No comments:

Post a Comment